- Leave the bandage on for the first 1 to 2 hours. Gently remove the bandage, if the bandage sticks to the tattoo allow lukewarm water to run over the tattoo to help release the bandage. Do not pull! Gently wash the tattoo with clean hands and antibacterial liquid soap, Dial liquid antibacterial is recommended. Do not use a washcloth, sponge, loofah, etc. Do not re-bandage tattoo.
- Wash the tattoo 3 to 4 times daily with antibacterial soap and air dry or pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- After the tattoo is washed and dry, apply a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of aftercare lotion and rub in well. The tattoo should not look shiny or greasy. Too much ointment will not allow oxygen to reach the tattoo, it can slow the healing process as well as cause color loss. After Inked is our recommended brand. You can also use Lubriderm, Aveeno, or Gold Bond if you choose, just make sure it is dye & perfume free.
- Apply a thin layer of aftercare (After Inked) after every wash. Do not apply an excessive amount. If your tattoo is shiny or greasy looking, you've used too much!
- Repeat the steps for two weeks, or until the tattoo is completely healed.
- NEVER USE PETROLEUM JELLY OR A&D AS TATTOO AFTERCARE. This product may draw ink out of the skin and cause distortion in your tattoo.
- Do not scratch or pick your tattoo during the healing process.
- Do not go swimming or submerge your tattoo in water until it is completely healed, usually 2 to 3 weeks.
- Do not use tanning beds or lay in the sun for 3 to 4 weeks. To help improve longevity and keep your tattoo vibrant after healed, always use a good quality sunscreen, Raw Love is recommended, when exposed to UV rays.
- Your tattoo will go through many stages of healing. All skin types are different and will heal differently per individual. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us!!!
If you follow these instructions your tattoo should heal quickly and beautifully.
If you have any questions about healing do not listen to your friends! Call us!